شارك هذا الموضوع

Beware the Poisonous Plant Cousins

  • الكاتب dopadesign
  • تاريخ اﻹضافة 2016-09-29
  • مشاهدة 17

It was bound to happen, my three year old grandson stumbled upon a poisonous plant while exploring in the bush around the cottage. His skin was red and swollen, as the intense profound and painful itching sensation made him particularly cantankerous. As an avid hiker, I recognized the signs and have experiencedthe symptoms first hand.The most common culprits of such as rashcould be one of what I like to call the"Three Poisonous Cousins of the bush"; poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. An oily resin called urushiol (u-ROO-she-ol), is saturated within the leaves, stem, and roots of these plants. At least 50% of the population are sensitive and can develop mild rash which requires no medical treatment to severe or widespread rashes that require urgent medical treatment for as long as 3 weeks following contact. Often, the rash resembles a straight line since this is how contact of theplant bushes against the skin but when someone handles a pet or clothing laced with urushiol, the rash exaggerates to all areas of contact and spreads exponentially. The severity of the rash is dependent on the amount of urushiol the individual is exposed to and it can be transferred to other parts of the body indiscreetly by fingertips. The most dangerous type of exposure is when inhalation of smoke into the lungs while burning the plant as part of your eradiationplan.

آراء الأعضاء

مواضيع مميزة

انشر مواضيع واحصل على ربح فوري